The Founder’s Foundation was established to provide help and support to active FGI employees that have experienced financial hardship due to an emergency or unforeseen circumstance. The purpose of the foundation is not to wholly remedy the situation but to assist with immediate needs to help get them back on their feet.
We will be a light in the dark for our fellow coworkers by providing financial support in their time of need.
To be considered for financial support the applicant must meet one of the following guidelines:
- Unforeseen, life-altering serious illness or injury to employee or immediate family member which has a significant impact on your financial situation.
- Loss of primary residence due to a natural disaster or Act of God.
- Death of an employee or immediate family member which causes a financial hardship. Immediate family members are defined as legal spouse, legal dependent child (minor or full-time student up to 23 years of age), parent or current in-law parent.
- Victim of a crime (defined as a person to which a crime has been committed against) causing a financial hardship related to a necessity. This would include severe bodily injury, domestic violence, etc.
To be considered for financial support the following criteria must be met:
- Employee must be nominated by a manager or coworker who has reasonable knowledge of the employee’s need. Click here for the Nomination Form.
- Once nominated employee completes application request and provides supporting documentation to the committee. Examples of documentation include eviction/foreclosure notices, past due utilities, police/fire report, invoice of funeral expenses, statements from a healthcare provider or explanation of benefits from insurance company. The document must substantiate the amount of financial assistance being requested.
- Employees cannot apply for the same financial hardship more than once.
- Employees must be an active FGI employee at the time of application.
- Requests will be reviewed by the Founder’s Foundation Committee within ten days of receiving the application.
- Employee will be notified of the status of their application and any funding requests.
- The maximum amount of assistance the fund provides is $500.00 per occurrence. However, the committee does have the authority to increase this amount for a catastrophic loss if funds are available.
Completing the Application:
- Complete the entire Application, providing as much detail regarding the circumstances as possible, and submit supporting documentation with your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
- If you are not capable of completing the Application, you can ask for assistance from the committee or another coworker.
Methods to Donate:
- Bi-weekly payroll deduction.
- One time donation.
Committee Members of the Founders Foundation will not disclose confidential information belonging to, or obtained through their affiliation with Founders Foundation to any person, including their relatives, friends and business and professional associates.